Monday, March 2, 2009

The Race

The 10k race was amazing!!! It was very challenging but a great experience! My time was 1:7:59!

Chip time: 01:07:59.08
Gun time:01:12:45.56
First 5k 00:34:19
second 5k 00: 33:39
pace per mile : 00:10:56


I am really satisfied with my time knowing that my knee was not 100%. The knee band definitely helped me although it was sore afterwards. But the race course led us to a highway, so we were running upwards for a while(that was hard!)!! It was soo much fun starting the race with 10,ooo other people! The 5k and 10k split off at I think the first mile. Their were 4597 10k runners and I came in 3176th place. I do not have any pictures of me running(they will be putting some up on the website soon) but here are some pics of the day and the link to my finish line video. (the finish line time starts when the wheelchair event starts so it is off by a few minutes.) The pictures are out of order so the picture of me here was taken after the race.




waiting for the race to start


Taylor with the Texas Longhorn band






finishline video:
http://w3.conocophillips.com/rodeorunresult/Media.aspx?rn=2619( I am all the way to the right of the screen)
They should be placing pictures of mostly every runner on the website so I will try to post a link when they do.
-Allyson Janell














4 comments:

Anna said...

great job girl!

Glad you enjoyed the race.

By the way, I hope I can write to you soon....

Allyson Janell said...

THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Allyson!! I'm so glad you made it all the way through and in good time even with your knee bugging you. You got skill. =D

~Emily

Allyson Janell said...

Thanks Emily!