Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the marathon

I know, long time, no post :)

Well this is whats been going on lately...

So basically, I signed up for the full 2010 Houston marathon. As you probably know I have been preparing myself mentally and reading everything one needs to know to run the half marathon. But, the half marathon sold out in 24 hours-yes- 24 HOURS!!!! So I thought, ok. so no Houston half this year??? Well my dad said that I should do the full marathon and I was like umm probably not. But I signed up any way. But since then (Saturday) I have been thinking about Philippians 4:13 and that I am a runner not a half marathon runner or a 10k runner. And I told myself I can do this!!!!! I have a truck load of school work to do and a lot of training to do this fall, but I know that the Lord will help me and I can trust in Him. And whatever happens, its God will! :) I am excited about this challenge God has given me.

Do Hard Things!!!

3 comments:

emily said...

Wow! I'll be praying for you!!

Love
~Emily

Allyson Janell said...

Thanks!!

poetic_capture said...

Oh WOW! That's impressive!!! I hope you can do it! My older sister Marianna ran the full marathon year before last. :- )

I *love* to run a lot myself... but don't think I'd be up to doing a FULL marathon anytime soon (or ever...)!

Good luck with that! :D :)