Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sugar Cookies

I thought I would share a sugar cookie recipe that I use! These cookies always go fast. The are sooo quick and easy to make! bty, we never have had almond extract when I make them so I just substitute the almond extract for another teaspoon of vanilla. So if you do not have any extract, its ok to use just vanilla. They taste really yummy anyway!


“Not to Roll” Sugar Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of almond extract
1 egg
2 1/3 cups of Gold Medal unbleached all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon of baking soda
Colored sugar or granulated sugar

Heat oven to 375

In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter on low speed or with spoon until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla, almond extract and egg. Stir in flour and baking soda. Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place 2 inches apart. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Bake 9-11 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.




Have a great Sunday!

-Allyson Janell

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I am going to make these sometime. I just don't have time this month. :( Would it be possible for you to make some and bring them to the tourney? That is if you go. I would love to try them! :) I really hope you can come.

~Emily

Allyson Janell said...

That's an awesome idea!! I have not got a definant answer if we can go or not, but it could easily be a yes! I hope I do not have too much homework to do next week so I can make the cookies-if I can go!

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you can come! Even without cookies. :) I think Whitney and Abby are coming...I think. So I must go finish last minute things, I can't believe it's tomorrow! Ahh!

~Emily

Allyson Janell said...

I coming on Friday afternoon!!!!

Allyson Janell said...

OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe I am coming on Saturday!!!